About Electronics & Communication Department
Department offers Under graduate program , in Electronic and Communication Engineering and Post graduate course in Communication System Engineering as specialization .We are having intake of 180 for the students of this branch in Under graduate level and intake of 24 in Post graduate level.
Department staff is of highly dynamic and well qualified with expertise in different areas of Electronics and Communication and having wide experience in research and development along with work experience in public sector.
The research interests of the faculty members encompass a wide range of sub-disciplines of EC Engineering like Embedded Systems, Antenna and wave propagation, wireless communication, Microwave Egg. and Satellite Communication, .To enhance the knowledge of faculty members , the institute encourages them to participate in various enrichment programs. Strong association with faculty members from various disciplines within and outside the institute is also emphasized .Over the span of 10 years, department has acquired expertise in different areas related to Wireless Communication, Antenna and wave propagation, VLSI and Embedded design .
The department is highly equipped with various laboratories which having all the necessary equipments and software require to enhance practical knowledge of students.
As forum of industries institute interaction ,research bodies and various universities , effective dissemination of knowledge is done in the form of workshops (with hands-on experience ) , expert lectures ,industrial visits , seminars and summer-winter training programs. Experts are invited from different prominent institutes and organizations like SAC-ISRO,DAIICT, IITs, NITs, BSNL etc.. Department conducts training programs and workshops based on the recent advancement in technology which are largely supported by funding agencies like GUJCOST and DST. Placement opportunity is provided in various prestigious organizations like Infosys, Matrix telecom etc.Electronics & Communication Engineering Program aims at upliftment of students through technical education. These technocrats should be able to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering, experimentation skills, by identifying software / hardware problems in the industry and academia to develop practical solutions.
Highly qualified, dynamic and experienced Faculties
Phd Qualified : 06
Phd Pursuing : 02
ME/MTech Qualified : 14
To provide academically excellent, research oriented engineers and meet the industrial and social requirements of new era.
To provide quality and value based education in the field of electronics and communication engineering keeping in pace with the rapidly changing technological needs of the industry and research.
Infrastructure Electronics & Communication Engineering Department
In order to cope with the global requirements the institute provides the latest facilities to the students such as MM Class Rooms (Higher Semester) and MM Theaters for conferencing. The building has well equipped laboratories to conduct experimental works. All the lecture halls are well ventilated and to be provided with latest teaching aids.
- Analog laboratory comprising amplifier characteristic trainer kits, operational amplifier trainers, Audio / Video Engineering trainer kits.
- Communication laboratory has GPS and Radar Trainer kits; Advanced Fiber Optic Trainer kits, Mobile Evaluation kit for GSM and CDMA techniques, “Microwave Test Bench with Gun Supply” and “Satellite Communication Trainer” model.
- Antenna and wave propogation laboratory containing Antenna Trainer with Motorized rotating unit and Plotting Software with convenient carrying case for all Accessories with 22 Antennas and software High Frequency Structural Simulator (HFSS) for 25 users.
- Software laboratory installed with “Multisim”, “Ultiboard”, Matlab for 25 users.
- Microcontroller laboratory having Microcontroller 8051 kits, ARM controller kits and VLSI Trainer kits.